Emotionally Healthy Spirituality
Please join us for a summer of transformation. “It’s impossible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature.” – Pete Scazzero, author of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Discipleship Courses
This series is for those desiring to take steps in their Christian life and discipleship, to break free from bondage to the past and experience healing, the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Teaching Series is an eight week series on the integration of emotional health and contemplative spirituality. Many sincere followers of Christ, followers who are really passionate for God, join a church, participate weekly in a small group, serve with their gifts, and who are considered “mature,” remain stuck at a level of spiritual immaturity—especially when faced with interpersonal conflicts and crises.
The Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Series offers a discipleship strategy that addresses this void and offers powerful pathways to transformation that will help people mature into a faith filled with authenticity and a profound love for God.
- Week 1 – What’s Wrong?
- Week 2 – Who Are You?
- Week 3 – What’s Holding You Back?
- Week 4 – No Half Stepping, Going All the Way
- Week 5 – Dying That We May Live.
- Week 6 – The Rhythms of Our Lives
- Week 7 – Skill to Love LIke Never Before
- Week 8 – A New Way to Live
Weekly video workshops will be held each week at the church. You will have the choice to attend a midweek or Saturday workshop. The workshops include a workbook and a Day by Day devotional. The workbook includes questions and activities for each of the eight sessions to summarize and apply the content deeply.
WHY THE EH SPIRITUALITY TEACHING SERIES & WORKSHOPS?
- An estimated 85% of Christians are stuck in their relationship with Christ
- Only 1% of church leaders say that the church is doing well in discipling new and young Christians
- Only 20% of church-goers participate in any type of discipleship activity
- Only 1 in 4 Christians study the Bible to find God’s will for their lives
- Only people deeply changed by Jesus will have a powerful, long-term impact in the world
Stay tuned for the start of this transformational series!
When: Sunday, July 8 – Sunday, Aug. 26, 2018 @ 10:30 AM
Where: Calvary Temple, 3436 Winchester Road, Allentown, PA 18104